Whenever we use the words “we” or “us”, we are referring to The Stitch Sisters. Whenever we use the words “our website,” we are referring to https://www.thestitchsisters.co.uk.
“Cookies” are small pieces of information that a website, including our website, sends to your computer or to your mobile device while you are viewing a website. Cookies identify your computer so that we can recognise you the next time you visit us. Cookies help us remember your preferences and collect technical information about your use of the Services. If you choose to disable Cookies, some areas of our website may not work properly.
An “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. We track IP Addresses in conjunction with Cookies to analyse our web page traffic flow and identify the location of the computer.
“Personal Information” is information that is linked to you as an individual, such as your name, postal address, email address, phone number, username and login password to our website.
“Services” means the various products or services available on our website.
3. How We Collect Personal Information
The Personal Information that we gather from you helps us learn about our customers and our potential customers. We use this Personal Information to better tailor the features, performance and support of our Services and website, and to offer you additional information, if you have consented to receive it. We collect and keep Personal Information that you submit to us voluntarily by purchasing Services, in the following ways:
- When you register and set up an account on our website, or you make a purchase on the website, we collect your name, your username, password and email address. We may also collect your postal address (shipping address and billing address) and telephone number(s) when applicable.
- When you sign up to receive emails, we collect your email address. We may also ask for information, such as hobbies and interests, to provide you with relevant offers.
- When you contact us by email, we collect your name, email address, and any other information contained in the email that you send us.
On our website, we also collect other information from you automatically, through the use of technology, without you taking steps to submit that information, whenever you use our website for any purpose, in the following ways:
- As you navigate our website, we collect information including your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, operating system, other device identification information, and navigational and clickstream data that shows what pages are visited and how long various features are used. We also engage third parties to monitor the usage of our website.
- When you access our website from mobile devices (such as smart phones or tablets), we collect information including access times, the operating system, the products for which you searched and viewed, and the other resources on our website that you used or visited. We may use and associate historical data with a computer or device as part of our efforts to prevent fraud, credit card fraud, or other illegal activity.
4. How We Use Personal Information
- to establish user accounts;
- to support and complete transactions or other requested activity;
- to communicate with you regarding your account;
- to provide you with information you have requested, news and updates, and information about our services;
- to customise and personalise content to you;
- to administer and run our website;
- to help identify you if you lose your password and to help you find information on our website;
- to facilitate payment to or by us;
- to send commercial email or marketing messages to you; and
- to comply with legal requirements.
5. Our Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We share your personal information with our affiliates and service providers, for purposes that include: (1) hosting our website; (2) approving and enabling your use of our website and use and purchase of our services, and performing other functions on our behalf; and (3) tracking information generated through the website. You expressly consent to the sharing of your Personal Information with our third party service providers for the purposes stated. Our affiliates and third-party independent contractors are bound under contract not to use or share your personal information for unauthorised purposes.
We restrict access to Personal Information to only employees with a need to know in order to perform their respective duties.
To provide offers that are of interest to you, we may allow other companies to place advertisements and other technology on our website. As a result of your visit to our website, advertisement server companies may collect information such as your domain type, your IP address, and clickstream information.
We may also use and disclose Personal Information for fraud detection and prevention. Personal Information and device identification information may be combined with information from other sources and used by us, or by a third party retained by us, to help detect and prevent fraud, credit card fraud, or other illegal or illegitimate activity. All or part of your Personal Information or device identification information may be kept by us or kept by the third parties involved in fraud detection, and used in future fraud prevention efforts. Information that is believed to be fraudulent may be shared with other retailers, banks, and law enforcement to help prevent illegal activity.
6. Social Network Widgets
Our website includes social network or other third-party plug-ins and widgets that may provide information to their associated social networks or third-parties about your interactions with our website, even if you do not click on or otherwise interact with the plug-in or widget. If you use social network tools or visit social networking sites, you should read their privacy disclosures, to learn what information they collect, use, and share.
7. How You Can Stop Receiving Communications
When you receive advertisements, direct mail, and other promotional communications from us, including email, you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the “Unsubscribe” instructions in the email you receive, or by contacting us directly. If you have submitted your email address to “Unsubscribe,” please note that you may continue to receive emails for a time while our system updates your request. You also may use the “Contact Us” page on our website.
8. Links to Other Websites
Our website has implemented electronic means of protecting your Personal Information. Even though we have taken steps to ensure that your Personal Information is not accessed, used, or disclosed by unauthorised persons, you should know that we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. Do not share it with others. The Stitch Sisters will not ask you for your password. If you need a new user name or password, we may require you to follow certain security procedures (such as providing us with certain Personal Information or correctly answering security questions). If satisfied with your answers, we will generate a new user name and password automatically through our computers and send it to your email. You may never use another’s account without permission. When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account. You agree to notify The Stitch Sisters immediately of any suspected or known breach of security or unauthorised use of your account.
This policy was last revised in November 2018.